Saturday, March 3, 2012

Less Is More Week 57 & OLW81

This was supposed to be an easy card.  I already knew what I was going to make this morning for this week's OLW81 challenge.  Then I found a fun surprise that this card also qualified for this week's colour challenge at Less is More.  I just have a terrible time with black ink.  I wasted four cards with lousy coverage.  First I tried black Stazon ink and then I tried Stamper's Choice Permanent Black Ink.  Then I decided I would cheat and use Basic Gray ~ great coverage first time.  This is my second card this week using this stamp.  The first one is in my previous post.

Here are the rules for OLW81 ~ The OLW (OLW standing for ONE LAYER) challenge this week is to make a card using a cream base, black ink and just a hint of bling.  Easy, peasy, right? (Should have been!)

Here are the rules for Less is More Colour Challenge ~
It's the first week of the month (Gracious, it's March already) and so we've got a colour challenge which this week is
NEUTRALS
This could be anything from off white to black with any shade of beige, brown or grey in between.
Supplies ~ 
Stamps: Stampendous Agapanthus
Paper: SU Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Basic Gray
Additional Supplies: Recollections Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by!

Jean

11 comments:

  1. Super card and a perfect one for the challenge. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean, great to see you here
    Your card is fabulous...spot on!
    I find teh best black ink is Versafine, black onyx It's very black and stamps brilliantly every time
    Thank you so much
    msndi
    "Less is More"
    We do ask if you would consider removing Word Verification for ease of commenting, lots of other entrants will pop by

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, I love this image and the design is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful design Jean - the flowers look gorgeous in grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I sometimes stuggle getting a good black coverage, sometimes I want a really black black and they just never seem to work, gonna try Mandi's advice and get me a Versafine.
    JO x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jean - persistence pays off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!

    I've rarely had problems with black ink - try Memento Tuxedo Black... and I find putting the card stock onto a couple of sheets of kitchen paper and then stamping helps too :)

    ReplyDelete