Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blog Candy for My Blogversary

Wow ~ one year ago today, I started my blog.  It's been a great
year, and I have met many wonderful people along the way. 
The very talented Karen Baker just designed a new header for
my blog, and I couldn't be happier.  Along with my new look 
I would like to have better photos of my cards.  Please leave
a comment with your best photography tip.  Do you prefer a 
certain type of camera?  Do you use a light box?  How do you
set up your lights?  Do you use a certain kind of bulb?  I 
live in Wisconsin, so natural lighting isn't a viable option
much of the time.  I would really appreciate any tips you
could give me.  I would like to give a special thanks to my
followers and those who stop by regularly and leave comments.
I am planning on drawing a random winner on January 23rd.


My Favorite Things ~ Clearly Sentimental about Art
Inkadinkado Baby Inchies
Zots Medium Adhesive Dots
K & C Company Black Dots Smash Tape
TLC Salt & Pepper Collection Ribbon

Good Luck & Thanks for stopping by!
Jean

Edited to add a winner:



True Random Number Generator 3 Powered by RANDOM.ORG
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary! I try not using my camera phone for better blog pictures, but it's often what is on me. I don't photo cards too often, but I've learned that scanning my cards DOES NOT work too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great, thank you for working with me and being so patient! I have the same problem as you, living in Wisconsin, working long hours, it is hard to get decent lighting. I finally caved and bought a light tent, which I'm happy with. I use an Ott Light mounted on top, and would prefer to get two more for the sides. I don't end up having to edit the photos a lot then. (Please don't enter me in your giveaway, even though it is awesome! I just stopped by to see how everything looks and to say thanks again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean Happy Blogaversary! Your new blog look is fantastic and Isn't Karen a dream to work with? A year goes by so qucikly and i have enjoyed visiting your blog and being inspired by you so much Jean. ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drove up and backed back out of the driveway to check the number and then pulled back in! I love what you've done to the place! Good job to Karen, too!

    Congratulations on the blogo'versary, Jean. It's been inspirational being one of your followers and I hope you have many more bloggo years!!

    (Don't include me in the give-away, hon. I have too much unloved stuff in the Playhouse now. I'm trying to work on that this year before I bring in new stuff.)

    Oh, the photos. I scanned for years and am still trying to get educated on photographing my cards. Here in California, I have the advantage of lots of sunny days, but we do have rain in the winter so I've recently purchased a light tent thru Amazon and a couple of lights. I set it up on my card table and two days in, broke one of the lights when it fell off the table ... sigh. Email me if you want company info, etc. I'm happy to pass on what I've done so far.

    ReplyDelete