Monday, May 13, 2013

Moving On ...

 I hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Mother's Day with
your families.  Mine was a rather memorable one, but not really
 in a good way ;).  My 8 year old son who has ADHD 
came home on Friday with a project that is due on
Monday, that took over nine hours of work to complete.
This was something that should have been completed at
school, but because of his inability to focus (despite being 
on medication), he was so far behind.  We would work for a awhile, 
and then take a break that we both badly needed. I ended up having
to cancel taking my Mom out to lunch to work on this project.
Of course, being my Mom, she was very understanding, and 
we will certainly reschedule.  If anyone has any suggestions for
writing projects with kids ADHD, I would be forever grateful.

On our breaks, I would work on a card to help to myself relax.
I am getting an early start on Father's Day cards for work.
I tried using some of the masculine color combinations
at the Dynamic Duos and combined them with another
challenge.  It is their one year anniversary ~ Happy Anniversary! 
We could use any past challenge colors. 

This is the one I am submitting to Dynamic Duos.  I am also posting
it at the 52 Card Pickup.



This one I used the same color combination and Heather's 
I used aluminum tape for the stars.

 
 
Here I used the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and the color 
combination of Pure Poppy and Black.


 
 

Lastly, I used the sketch at Retro Sketches and the
 Soft Suede and Pool Party color combination.
 

 


It's been a long weekend and I am going to skip a detailed listing of supplies.
The stamp sets were PTI Star Prints and The Craft's Meow Grads & Dads.
The patterned paper is retired SU Comfort Cafe.   If anyone 
is wondering about anything else, I will be happy to let you know.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jean

9 comments:

  1. Great cards for dads! I love the simplicity of your CTS card with the single pop of red! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you were able to relax by creating! Your cards are all wonderful and I'm glad you played Dynamic Duos this week with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Father's Day cards - sorry your Mother's Day wasn't better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean I love all of your Father's Day cards and you chose great duos for them. I sympathize with your stress on Mother's Day, you are a great mom. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great masculine cards! I really like the houndstooth embossing--wonderful texture! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch. I do hope you are able to get some resources for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, these are fantastic and you chose perfect color combos for them. I am sorry to hear your weekend wasn't too happy, but I can understand the frustration. Hopefully you'll get some helpful tips and that your lunch with you mom soon will be fabulous. Thanks for joining us a Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic masculine cards! Love the colours and all that fun texture! Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jean, I'm sorry you and your son had such a tough assignment that wore you both out. I wish I had some experience with this to help. I hope others will.

    I just have to say that whatever was going on with you resulted in some extraordinary cards! If all of these cards were submitted in one challenge and I was the judge to pick a winner, no way. Just no way. Seriously jaw-dropping magnificent!! If you don't win all of these challenge, my jaw will never work again.

    ReplyDelete